Welcome to the Resource Center
A place for tips and tutorials. View the videos lower down on the page, each on their own tab.
TIPS FOR FIBRES USERS
Go on, have a look! Here are just a few simple explainers of how to use the software. Did not find what you were looking for? Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Create a Signal
Did you find something that might have an effect on your business? An observation or a market signal? Or perhaps it was just a piece of news that intrigued you? Add it to FIBRES and start the discussion with your colleagues.
- add a simple web clipper for your desktop browser, you’ll find it from the home page, it’s called ‘Add to FIBRES’ (make sure you have the browser favourite/ bookmark toolbar visible, then drag the button on the toolbar)
- use the ‘Add to FIBRES’ -button to add new signals easy (for desktop use, newest versions of IE11, Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- or add signals directly from web sources, using the ‘Create’ button in the software itself
- perhaps take a picture from a fair or convention, add it to FIBRES for further discussion via ‘Create’-button
- finally, connect signals to other signal groups or clusters and trends in Discovery
Here is a helper on how to add the ‘Add to FIBRES’ -button:
And here, how to use the ‘Add to FIBRES’ button:
Manage Signals, Signal Clusters and Trends
Whether the content of FIBRES is hand-picked by people or imported via integrations – they need that all-important sense-making work. Content type-wise, use the ‘signal cluster’ to group signals together for signs of phenomena or emerging trends. Use ‘trends’ to write up more analysed summaries. Automated suggestions based on text and tags will help to find new relations and ideas for foresight!
- if you wish to group several already existing content, start by selecting them (check the item on the list), then choose ‘Group Selected’ and either add them to a new one or search for an existing one
- if you wish to find suggestions for new grouping based on a signal, just choose one signal and then choose ‘Suggest Grouping’
- within any content use automated suggestions for related content
- remember to use and add the classifications for further analysing purposes (this is how trends will show up in the radar visualization)
With functions such as,
- within any signal clusters and trends use suggestions for classification values, based on the linked content’s values
- within any content use suggestions for related content, all content has the option for searching suggestions for linked signals, signal clusters or trends – these can be very handy for finding something new!
- Analysis-section is for randomized analysing purposes – you’ll get a trend or a signal cluster and suggestions for potential relations in randomized order
Workspaces For Individuals and other FIBRES users
In case you want or need to work with the foresight content privately or with a specific group, the workspaces are meant for just that! Use it to write up your own thoughts, or invite other FIBRES users to collaborate.
- work privately or invite other FIBRES users to join to your workspace
- add or remove any foresight content within FIBRES with a few clicks
- add any content directly via the signal’s, signal cluster’s or trend’s own page too via Workspaces-tab
- engage discussion – invite other FIBRES users
- simple user rights – either view and comment only or with editing rights to your workspace
Find your trend network in ‘Foresight’-section. This visualisation shows all the trends that are in your FIBRES environment. More data you have, more impressive it will look and offer more opportunities spot something new. Keep an eye out for the trends and signal clusters that are connected to build more relations….and ideas might arise from those crossing points…
- it supports the discovery work, one way to see which trends already have relations and which ones are still on the outer rims of the network
- see the points where trends share the same signals, the “halo” around the trend will indicate a number of signals connected to them
- visually see which trends have the most content connected to them
Trend Radar is located in the ‘Insights’-section and is best used as a tool for having that discussion what usually takes place before strategic target setting. Use it just to visualise trends chosen to be the ones that have an impact on your business. It can serve as a communication tool in your organisation and show the impact and timeline expected.
- trends with classification values are visible on the radar
- shows trends based on their impact and timeline
- easy and simple tool for communicating the estimated future landscape for your business
Strategic Roadmap and Execution
A simple and practical way of planning and communicating annual strategic targets.
- add strategic vision like statements as targets
- connect foresight content to any target or fibre
- plan your steps to reach those
- add a simple hierarchy for strategic steps
- invite other users to discuss each target and step if needed
- use the ‘Execution’ view all targets and steps
About basic user rights
What can you do in FIBRES? The set of user rights are basic and we aim to keep them as simple as possible. FIBRES offers four different sets of user rights:
- Administrator: typically the person who is responsible for the foresight, or discovery process. The administrator can invite others to FIBRES, create, view, edit and comment, and also change ownership of a content (for example a trend).
- Manager: might be a trend analyst or content writer in other ways. The manager can also create, view, edit and comment all content.
- Trend Scout: the main purpose is to add new signals. The trend scout can add and edit signals, and comment all the content in FIBRES. This set of user rights could be handy for a group of people that might just focus on finding new observations and market signals.
- Read Only: as the name says, no editing rights, only reading and commenting is possible.