Welcome to the Resource Center
A place for tips and tutorials. View the videos lower down on the page, each on their own tab!
TIPS FOR FIBRES USERS
Create a Signal
Did you find something that might have an effect on your business? An observation or a market signal? Or perhaps it was just a piece of news that intrigued you? Add it to FIBRES and share it with your colleagues and more.
- add a simple web clipper for your browser
- then use it for quick adding of new signals (for desktop use, newest versions of IE11, Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- or add signals directly from web sources, using the ‘Create’ button in the software itself
- perhaps take a picture from a fair or convention, add it into FIBRES for further discussion
- finally, connect signals to other signal groups or clusters and trends
Here is a helper on how to add the web clipper:
And here, how to use the web clipper:
Manage Trends and Signal Clusters
Whether the content in FIBRES is collected by people or imported via integrations – they need that all-important sense-making work. Use the ‘signal cluster’ to group signals together for signs of phenomena or emerging trends. Use ‘trends’ to write up more analysed summaries. Automated suggestions based on signals and trends content, will help to find new relations and ideas for foresight!
- add or edit trends or signal clusters (grouped signals)
- use automated suggestions for related content or suggested grouping
- use relations to depict the connections between signals and trends
- add the classification for further analysis purposes
For Individuals and Groups
In case you want or need to work with the foresight content privately or with a specific group, the workspaces are meant for just that! Use it for just your own notes, or invite other FIBRES users to collaborate. Simply add interesting signals or trends to your workspace and start the discussion!
- work privately or invite other FIBRES users to join to your workspace
- add or remove any foresight content within FIBRES
- engage discussion
- simple user rights – either view and comment only or with editing rights to your workspace
Trend Radar is best used as a tool for having that discussion what usually takes place before strategic target setting. You can also use it just to visualise trends overall that you have collaborated, and chosen to be the ones that have an impact on your business. It can serve as a communication tool in your organisation.
- shows trends based on their impact and timeline
- easy and simple tool for communicating the estimated future landscape
This visualisation shows all the trends that are in the FIBRES environment. More data you have, more impressive it will look and offer more opportunities spot something new. Keep an eye out for the signal and trends that are connected to build more relations….and ideas might arise from those crossing points…
- it supports the discovery, one way to see which trends already have relations and which ones are still on the outer rims of the network
- see the points where trends share the same signals, the “halo” around the trend will indicate a number of signals connected to them
- visually see which trends have the most signals connected to them
With functions such as,
- within signal clusters and trends use suggestions for classification values, they are based on the linked content’s values
- for using suggestions for potentially similar topics, all content have the option for searching suggestions for linked signals, signal clusters or trends – these are very handy for finding something new!
- analysing the relations between signals (driving forces) (under construction, any ideas – don’t hesitate to contact us)
A simple and practical way of planning and communicating annual strategic targets.
- add strategic vision like statements as targets
- plan your steps to reach those
- add a simple hierarchy for strategic steps
- invite other users to discuss each target and step if needed
- use the ‘Execution’ view all targets and steps
What can you do in FIBRES?
The set of user rights are basic and we aim to keep them as simple as possible. FIBRES offers four different sets of user rights:
- Administrator: typically the person who is responsible for the foresight, or discovery process. The administrator can invite others to FIBRES, create, view, edit and comment, and also change ownership of a content (for example a trend).
- Manager: might be a trend analyst or content writer in other ways. The manager can also create, view, edit and comment all content.
- Trend Scout: the main purpose is to add new signals. The trend scout can add and edit signals, and comment all the content in FIBRES. This set of user rights could be handy for a group of people that might just focus on finding new observations and market signals.
- Read Only: as the name says, no editing rights, only reading and commenting is possible.
Followed Items and Newsletter
Stay up to date what’s happening with the content that you found intersting in FIBRES. Simply press the star-symbol, either in the list view or inside the content itself. Press it again to unfollow.
- view the intersting topcis on Front Page
- get a newsletter sent from FIBRES, letting you know when something has changed
- newsletter is sent twice of the items you chose to follow, but haven’t seen, so no spamming expected
- to change the preferences of the Newsletter – go to you Profile in FIBRES (top right corner menu)