THE PRESENT DAY AND THE FUTURE
Version 2.1.11 | 17th of May 2018
Analysis-section has now a better and more randomized introduction between potential new links between content.
In Discovery-section a loading symbol was showing as double while using ‘suggest grouping’ -function.
For administrators, some more informative messages and default texts on the invitations sent for new users.
Version 2.1.10 | 13th of April 2018
- As an invited collaborator for a workspace, users can now add new linkages via ‘Discovery’-section and ‘Group Selected’ -function. Notice that the collaborator in the workspace must be invited with ‘full access’ rights to be able to add or remove any new linkages. Where to find workspaces? They are on your FIBRES home page.
- Previously, in some cases, the article image did not show up correctly if a new trend or signal was created from a web source. In this case, an “empty article image” was shown. Now those ghostly, empty spaces are no more, instead, it shows clearly that there is no image and a new one can be added.
- Finally, some performance fixes for IE browser and the storing of cache.
Version 2.1.9 | 6th of April 2018
This time we concentrated on fixing and fine-tuning a few elements like:
- On the home page, ‘Newest’ -content is pointing now to new and just created content, excluding content that has been updated. (If wanting to see the latest changes or updates, choose the ‘Latest updates’ -sorting option on Discovery.)
- Discovery view dropped the selected tags when navigating away and back to Discovery. Now the tags stay selected until a user removes them as search criteria.
- Tag suggestions show up now also to content while it’s been created. For example, if a user adds another trend and writes the description, tags are suggested immediately.
- When adding another content (a trend for example) to a workspace, the changelog is shown now only as ‘added to workspace’ or ‘removed from workspace’.
- Further performance tweaks for Discovery-section, especially while using search functions.
Version 2.1.8 | 26th of March 2018
- Refreshed way of filtering and sorting the content in the Discovery-section. All filtering options are now behind one button, choose to view only signals with specific values, for example. Sort the list in the order of your liking, like by the discussed topics if you wish to see what other users are talking about.
- While assessing any of the signals or trends, you might notice that the ‘Impacted Areas’ -name is now called ‘Impacted Regions’.
- Some other minor text changes to make the using of the app more fluent: on home page ‘Your Workspaces’ is called now ‘My Workspaces’ for example.
- Teenyweeny layout changes to the PowerPoint -export too, like placing the logo and original sources.
- The scrolling of the list in Discovery wasn’t as fluent as it could be. In some cases, the list appeared to jam with ‘loading’ -symbol. This is now fixed and the scrolling should be nice and fluent!
- Lost the address of the login page of FIBRES and tried to use the old registration link? No worries, it will now divert you to the login page.
Version 2.1.7 | 13th of March 2018
- More inviting layout for the front page. Now users can see the most recent, own followed items and discussed topics easier, just click and view! Clicking the link on top of each box will take users to Discovery-section’s view accordingly.
- On the home page, notice that Workspaces are now visible in their own box. Add new or open any existing ones. Workspaces are private and users can invite other FIBRES-users to join.
- A better context-preserving preview for content drill-down. Users can open up any content, then open another linked content from the sub-view with linked signals clusters or trends. No need to use browser’s back button, instead use the little ‘x’ in the corner to return one step back. For example, open a trend and drill-down to view a linked signal, and then doubling back to view the trend you started with.
- A new section in top navigation for ‘Insights’ – here you’ll find the TrendRadar –visualization for handpicked trends. From now on, ‘Foresight’-section has the network map with all the trends and signals clusters.
- More intuitive flow new content creation via ‘Create’ button. Use web-address to create any kind of content, for example, not just signals. Add new trend based on a picture or start a new workspace for discussion. (Please notice that the web clipper is still used for creating signals only.)
- Grouping of content enables users now to add chosen content into an existing one or to create a new one. This can be done in Discovery-section, first by choosing any content and then choosing the content type.
- Hidden views in Discovery-section: ‘Improvement Needed’ and ‘Linkages Needed’ are currently hidden. We are working on building more comprehensive tools for analyzing the quality of content for power users needs.
- In Analysis-section the ‘Create links’ -button is now more prominent and consistent with the same look and feel than other grouping or linking features in the application.
- In a content item, we changed the icons for ‘follow content’ and ‘download content to a PowerPoint’. Hopefully, these will be a bit more intuitive than the previous ones!
- Last but not least, a separate ‘home’-button for navigating back to the Front Page.
Version 2.1.6 | 8th of February 2018
- A fix for Analysis-section’s performance, most visible with IE and Edge -browsers (slowness on reactions).
Version 2.1.5 | 29th of January 2018
- Analysis-section rework and visibility
- Optimize new content creation (create from web-article, image or blank)
- Link content to an existing Workspace from Content Item view
- Content Item ppt export to PowerPoint
- Better highlighting of selected Trend under Foresight (when switching between Radar & Network)
- Trello export – import capability to FIBRES
- Capability to show Instance-specific notifications
- Enable Analysis-section visibility for all
- Change the Analysis-section visibility to be ‘Enabled’ by default for all new instances
- Analysis-section description on the Front Page
- About-section web link updates
- Creating a ‘content from web address’ creates them all as signals instead of trends or signal clusters
Version 2.1.4 | 19th of December 2017
- Usability improvement for web clipper function on the Front Page (how to add the web clipper for desktop use)
- Change history’s layout and functional tweaks: edit/ delete functions changed to inline icons, display changes of related content (add, remove) as change history logs, and change history entries stylized different from comments (please notice that some older comments and logs will display visually a bit different)
- Improve splitting of words in content item cards
- For About-page: Powered by FIBRES added
- Fixes for Discovery view scrolling with IE
- IE layout fix for showing the card icons
- Extra space between change history items in content comment tab
- Pictures visibility in ‘linked content’ sub-view fixed.
Version 2.1.3 | 23rd of November 2017
What’s new, aka. improvements
- Improved workspace title placeholder for new workspaces
- Sender address of emails from Fibres changed to ‘no-reply’
- IE11 support fixes for Trend Network -visualisation
- IE11 support fixes for workspace collaborator invitations
- Trend edit view fix, not to show deleted signals and clusters
- Followed items list to update item immediately that are marked as ‘followed’ in the newest items list
- Fix for suggested tag drop-down in Discovery-view
- Searching for suggested linked content in workspace with full access rights gave a ‘suggestion search failed’ error
- Cannot upload new article image for content originated from external sources
- Release notes link re-direction from About-section
- Admin-user right improvements in workspace
- Workspace notification for other users when someone accepts the invitation
- Info text fix in front page and profile view
Version 2.1.2 | 23rd of October 2017
- Fix for duplicate check with items with special characters in the title
Version 2.1.1 | 18th of October 2017
- A little fix in the invitation functionality
Version 2.1 | 17th of October 2017
- a web clipper for a faster way of storing interesting articles or signals of change (optimized for desktop, and for newer versions of browsers such as Firefox, Safari, IE11 and Chrome)
- duplicate check for any new content, based on the title and source
- simple quality gate functions for new signals, this also gives a bit of a gamification effects 😉
- autosuggestions for content proximity and relations, like what signals could be grouped together
- suggested tags and automatic tagging for new signals, based on the keyword density
- introducing a simple statistics view on the Front Page (how many views on items etc.)
- the old ‘Analysis’ -section is gone for a break. Not to worry, we’ll introduce it later with more thorough features!
- ta quicker loading and depicting of relations in the visualisations
- no separate bug fixes to report of
Version 2.0.1 | 3d of August 2017
- menu fix for IE11 and Edge (layout)
Version 2.0 | 1st of August 2017
- a renewed concept for foresight and to find new opportunities among trends
- new navigation
- automated trend visualisations, other focusing on showing the all the trends you have in your FIBRES, and the other for showing the analysed trends on a radar view
- other new features such as, grouping of signals and the use of private workspaces
- the possibility to integrate with external (or internal) data sources (such as idea banks, trend research)
- in strategic roadmap: point the owner for each strategic target or step
- throughout the software: in-place editing, for quicker writing and editing of any content
- no separate bug fixes to report of
- updates for MongoDB
The Next Releases Will Have Features Such as:
- more tweaks for the TrendRadar and Trend Network visualizations