Once you've added your first inputs into FIBRES, you'll want to create linkages between them. In this how-to guide, we'll walk you through the basics of linking items in FIBRES.
Linking items together is one of the key features of FIBRES. When you create linkages between Articles, you add more structure to your data.
Through linkages, you can also visually explore your data mass via the interconnected Network view. And the human-input linkages even improve FIBRES' further automated recommendations for additional inputs and further linking.
Linking items allows you to:
Where need be, please do ask us for more best practices! As an example, depending on your scope of work, you might perhaps not wish to use all four levels of Articles in the first place. We will gladly give our recommendation based on our understanding gained from how different FIBRES customers are using the almost unlimited linking possibilities.
Start by adding a few Signals, Signal Clusters, Trends, or Megatrends in your FIBRES Account first.
There are multiple ways of linking items in FIBRES. Most importantly, items can be linked directly in the Discover view, or via the Network Builder that can also be accessed from Discover or from inside any individual Article.
2. Scroll down to Linked Content and click on See all in Network Builder
3. Click on one of the tabs AI Picks or Unlinked to search for another Article to link to.
4. Use the Selector to checkmark the Article(s) you wish to link to, and click Link Selected.
✅ The checkmarked Articles are now linked to the Article you opened the Network Builder from.
💡 If you're unsure whether you created the linkage correctly, click on the Linked tab in Network Builder to see the new linkage(s).
1. Click on Discover to view all Articles saved in your FIBRES Account.
2. Search for the Articles you would like to link together with word search and/or filters.
3. Use the Selector to checkmark the Articles you would like to link together. The Action Bar will pop up in the bottom of your screen. Click Link Selected.
💡 You can also search for the Articles separately. FIBRES will remember your selections even if you do a new search.
4. In Link Selected, choose Link with each other. (Also notice there are other more advanced options)
✅ The checkmarked Articles are now linked to each other.
Created linkages can be viewed in the Network view and inside the Article full view.
The Network shows all Signal Clusters, Trends, and Megatrends in your FIBRES Account as "bubbles".
🤔 Articles not showing up in the Network? Make sure they're not marked as Signals as they are not shown on the Network as bubbles.
When you're viewing an individual Article, you can scroll down to Linked Content, and further to the Network Builder, to see and edit all its linkages.
You can reach us through our support chat or at email@example.com.